Reef Diver’s guests enjoy the advantage of four custom designed dive boats – Island Sister, Paradise Diver, Reef Fantasea and Holiday Diver II. Custom designed for diving, these boats were built by Newton Boats, Inc., in Slidell, Louisiana. Fabricated to American Bureau of Shipping specifications, they are powered by Caterpillar, John Deere and Yanmar engines. These Newton dive boats are a diver’s dream – 42/46 feet long and 16 feet wide with a cruising speed of 20 mph.
These boats provide:
- Fast, smooth boat rides to the best dive sites.
- Comfortable bench seats, convenient gear storage area and tank racks.
- Plenty of shade with a sunning area on the forward deck.
- Sheltered cabin area providing protection from the wind and spray.
- Easy giant stride entry from the large stern dive platform.
- Easy exit from the water using dive ladders and handrails.
- Padded camera table in the cabin area to protect underwater photo gear.
- Freshwater shower for post-dive showers and rinsing off photo gear.
- Restroom facilities on board.
- VHF ship-to-ship and ship-to-shore radio, Cell Phone, Emergency Oxygen Kit, AED Kit, First aid equipment and United States Coast Guard approved boat safety equipment.
- A hang line and regulator, Underwater Diver Emergency Recall System, Current lines and the No-Decompression Dive Tables.
- Water, Ice, Fruit and Snacks.