- Sponsor: East Bay Resort, Little Cayman Beach Resort, and Cayman Brac Beach Resort Monthly Photo Contest (the “Contest”) are sponsored by Reef Divers Dive Resorts, 4127 5th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to participants who are 18+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of Reef Divers Dive Resorts (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting the first day of each month at 12:00 Noon and ending 3 days prior to the last day of the month at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). Online voting will continue through to the last day of the month at 11:59 PM. All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Reef Divers Dive Resorts.
You may enter once per day and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in any attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to bypass the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility and you may be disqualified from future entries at the sole discretion of Reef Divers Dive Resorts.
- Qualifying Submissions: Underwater and above-water photos are eligible for entry. Photos must have been taken by guests at or around a Reef Divers Dive Resort within the past six (6) months of entry to be eligible. By submitting, photographer affirms that the photos were taken within this time period while diving with Reef Divers or staying at the same Reef Divers Dive Resort.
When staying at either Little Cayman Beach Resort or Cayman Brac Beach Resort and taking photos on dives off the opposite island – the photos should be identified as taken at the resort closest to the dive site. For example, if staying at Cayman Brac Beach Resort and doing a morning of diving off Little Cayman, any photos resulting from those dives should be identified as taken at Little Cayman Beach Resort contest
If the photo includes identifiable images of people who are NOT members of our resort or Reef Divers staff, they must be known to the photographer, who has obtained their approval to use the image in a public venue. No photos showing divers touching marine life will be accepted in accordance with Cayman Islands’ Department of Environment laws. The exception is images taken of appropriate, non-aggressive interaction with rays at Stingray City off Grand Cayman.
While the use of image-enhancing software is permitted to clean up the photo and/or adjust lighting, the use of special effects is NOT allowed. This includes combining photos or parts of photos or applying special artistic filters beyond simple filters to improve the color.
The contest sponsor reserves the right to use any submitted photos and/or edit them for marketing purposes without additional compensation or permission but will give the photographer creative credit where and when used. All submissions become the property of Reef Divers Dive Resorts.
Photographers are invited to submit a maximum of one (1) photo per day period. They should be high-resolution images, which in most cases is determined by your camera settings—JPG or PNG format preferred. Do NOT reduce the file size when submitting. For Best of the Year, higher consideration is given to photos without watermarks, dates, or any overlying text.
6. Contest Judging and Prizes: There will be three (3) winners of each monthly contest:
Best Topside Photo
Best Underwater Photo
“Best” photos will be selected by Reef Divers staff who are skilled in or have an interest in photography. The “best” winners will automatically be entered into the “Best Photo of the Year”.
Crowd Favorite – Selected strictly by social voting. The photo with the highest number of legitimate votes wins. Voters may cast one vote per 24-hour period.
The photo contest opens for entries on the first day of each month and closes for entries 3 days prior to the last day of the month with voting continuing through the end of each month. Winners will be certified and prizes awarded by the 10th of the following month. Crowd favorite voting begins when photos appear in the gallery—usually within several hours to 1 day of submission—and ends on the last day of the month.
Soliciting votes by using special incentives, potential to win prizes, or prizes or other benefits is not permitted. Any images determined to have gotten votes in this manner will be invalidated. Repeat offenders will be banned from future participation.
The approximate retail value of all prizes is $600 each month. Prizes are gift certificates to be used toward dive vacations at the winner’s choice of Reef Divers Dive Resorts. The winner or each category wins a $200 gift certificate toward their next trip, which is valid for approximately 13 months.
Additional honorable mentions, visually and technically superior entries as selected by the Reef Divers photo contest administrator will also be entered in the Best of the Year contest regardless of whether they were a monthly winner. The top photos of the year will be judged by a panel of underwater photo pros who will choose the winner of a grand prize—a 7-night inclusive vacation for the photographer and a guest to their choice of our resorts. Eligible entries will have been submitted January 1–December 31 of the calendar year. Winners will be selected and announced by January 31 of the following year.
The approximate retail value of the grand prize is up to approximately $5,000 USD. It includes 7 nights standard accommodations at the winner’s choice of our resorts (double occupancy); breakfast, lunch, and dinner (dinner on arrival day through breakfast on departure day, 6 days x 2-tank morning boat dives, ground transfers; resort fees, taxes, and gratuities (except dive gratuities, which are not included), and more.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others, or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Reef Divers Dive Resorts to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Any individual is limited to a maximum of $500 total for the calendar year in winnings (exclusive of the Best of Year grand prize), although they are still welcome to enter monthly for consideration as a finalist for Best of Year. A maximum of $500 worth of winner’s gift certificates may be applied by an individual to any single 7-night dive package.
- Winner Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified via email or phone to the email address or phone number they entered into the Contest within ten (10) days of the end of the monthly contests, and by January 31 after the conclusion of the “Best of the Year” contest. Reef Divers Dive Resorts shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email, or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest you understand that Reef Divers Dive Resorts, anyone acting on behalf of Reef Divers Dive Resorts, or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Reef Divers Dive Resorts reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, Force Majeure, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Reef Divers Dive Resorts may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Reef Divers Dive Resorts. Reef Divers Dive Resorts reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, voting, the operation of the Contest or website, or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Reef Divers Dive Resorts has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to, multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Reef Divers Dive Resorts reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Reef Divers Dive Resorts and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: Winners’ names for all contests will be available on the resort’s home page for the month following each contest and remain on the past winners page.
- Not Affiliated with Any Other Sponsor: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google.